Monday, November 3, 2014

Past Halloween

Well I have so much to tell everyone but by the time I get to emailing I always forget what to talk about. Just so you all know our investigators are amazing! I love them a lot. They are showing greater faith than I have ever seen. It inspires me. We have a ward who support us and help us out weekly. I have never been so happy before. Despite the ups and downs. I love this place. I am going to have to work a little harder in doing better and strengthening my faith.
 
So really my life is interesting. Our zone isn't very unified at all. It is aweful yet I love it. We are the only two sisters in the zone and it has 14 elders. Sometimes they forget that we are there and they are a little too boyish and then other times It is very interesting in the fact that the only reason that they are even kind to each other is because we are there. Me and my comp have noticed that we are like the glue that holds them together. They have been having a hard time with becoming number chasing people. I think that what it really comes down to is that they forget the reason why they come out to serve a mission. We record the number of lessons we teach we record the number of people we are teaching so we are accountable for our time and to the Lord and if we begin to struggle the people around us are better able to understand that we are struggling with the work and fix the wound before the infection spreads. I have watched as one Elder complained about how the numbers are not representing people at all and people only care about numbers to the point of division in our zone which was getting almost detrimental. As a result they are all struggling with finding people to teach which means they are not happpy all because one person was leading everyone astray. It reminds me of Amalakiah who lead so many people astray and caused a split. Me and my companion work hard and accomplish a lot and it is because we know that we are serving God and that these are people out there that need Him in their lives. That God wants us to teach multiple people. He has told us that the field is White already to harvest. That there is great work to be done. We just need to do it. I am seeing the power of just one person who can gain such followers who aren't following God causing a lack of faith and happiness. I have to stop and think of the times throughout my life that I have lead others astray and have to think about what I say. I don't wnat to be that person ever. I hope you all feel the same way.
 
Well that is it fore the day! Love you all! What are the miracles of the week??? Ours is that we were able to teach in a members home 2 times!!! It was the best thing ever!
 
SIster Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment