Monday, June 16, 2014

Trio!

Hey Everyone!

So this past week we found out about transfers....I am staying with Sister Folsom for her last two weeks of her mission and Sister Youngberg is joining us tomorrow. I am really excited about it all. We get to do 5 exchanges in the next two weeks and 3 this week. It is going to be a crazy week. I am excited to go see different areas though. I really love seeing different areas.

Well things continue to go well with all of our investigators. We taught the lady we found two or 3 weeks ago again. We hadn't been able to meet with her for a week or so and turns out she is getting grief from her family but the coolest part about it is that she is like "well I don't find any problems with it so far, and frankly I don't really care what the past is of the church....." she continues to tell us how she thinks it is so exciting that God speaks to us modernly. She is going to keep reading the Book of Mormon (which she is on 2Nephi) and learn more. We had DeeDee who is the recent Convert that Sister Folsom and I taught when I first came to Whittier. She is AWESOME! She told her how everyone gave her grief over learning but it has changed her and now everyone tells her that she is doing good things. Her temper is better and everything. Yep...The Gospel of Jesus Christ really helps everyone so much! I love it!
So in the very hispanic areas they have the street vendors selling corn and shaved ice. Sister Folsom and I tried the corn with everything on it. It was actually really good. I was impressed. We found a new person to teach as we got one too. I thought it worked out well.

What's new in your part of the world???
Oh funny joke, kinda. So When Sister Folsom and I first came to Whittier we were told it was the hottest place in the mission during the summer...we were both really glad cause we would both be gone by summer...hahah that is the joke cause I will be here for the next 3 months at least right during summer. Good thing I love Whittier!

Love you all!

Sister Pendleton  

No comments:

Post a Comment