Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello Everyone! Oh the 1st week of February....

Well this past week was hilarious in a sense but so high and low. 1st though a good funny story that I think all of you will appreciate....

So yesterday I was wearing one of my longer skirts that was white. I just recently got it passed off to me from another missionary :) So I was getting out of the car and leaning over to grab my bag when my shoe fell off of my foot. So I partly put my foot in my shoe and lifted it up to put it back on. Well little did I know that part of my skirt was inbetween my foot and my shoe until I went to put my foot down....yeah....that is totally right....you probably guessed it....my foot hit the ground and my skirt came with it....okay not that bad but it did totally just come down though and then I pretty much yelped and tried to pull up my skirt but it wasn't coming up and it was just a problem. So I figured out that my skirt was in my shoe and so off came my shoe and up came my skirt...Phew...luckily I wear a slip...saved my life...and 2nd that by the Tender MERCIEs of the Lord no one was outside and I was able to have this whole situation go unnoticed except to my comp who was just laughing at me not helping me at all...but it did provide us with a good laugh...for a little while....

So next I realized the last week that I just don't have as much energy, my patience has worn thin with people...I am much more bold with people and sometimes just blunt...I have been pondering why my charity is lacking...so I realized that I am just tired. Tired of getting told no, putting in effort where people don't even care, tired of all the stress that comes with being a missionary....Then I went on this whole thing of what Christ went through and everything like that. Well....turns out there is nothing like that chastisement when you compare your life to Christs and everything. So then I realized that I just need to humble myself just a little more and pray for the strength to keep going and continue to love people no matter what. I figure that I will feel like this in several years when I have children or am trying to work with people...getting tired of things will never end...you just learn to pray for strength...

Well, what is your story for me this week?
Love you all!
Sister Pendleton
Asian food that we ate...not awful not the best either...
Sisters P-day


No comments:

Post a Comment