Monday, September 15, 2014

1st week of Transfer

Well hello everyone I hope that everything is going well in that part of the Country you are in...It is so extremely hot here in Whittier I am actually very impressed by it all. So I don't know if I told you all or not but here is what I said when I came to Whittier last year...SO Sister Folsom told me that this would be the hottest place in the mission and we were going to be there through the winter and I was like I am so gratefull that that will happen because pretty much then it wouldn't matter where I am it will be cooler than in WHittier...Well God has a great sense of humur because here I was through the whole of Summer saying hey this isn't so bad I am okay with the fact that I am back because I love the Pickering ward...well little did I know that God had such a huge sense of humur because this past week has been hotter than the rest of the summer ever and it is onlysuppose to get hotter this week. No more comments about how I can handle the heat...the only blessing is is that our new companion isn't allowed to ride a bike so we have the car...Although I am not sure if that is a good thing seeing as it takes away needed exercise to balacnce the amt of food people expect you to eat. I am not joking some of the members expect us to eat a lot...and then have seconds...gratefully I can run. :) God always sends us Tender Mercies and allows us to be blessed! I love our new companion Sister Redger...she is quite hilarious and always uses the word delightful so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up using that word a lot soon. We shall see I am trying to resist it.
The work is getting better...improving each week. The ward is good. We are having a difficult time with members actually applying the doctrine which they know to be true. Thus we need works. Nothing shows that you truly understand the gospel as when you apply it. I am working on the application as well...just differently. We all need that help and a deeper conversion.
Well God is in the details of our lives this I know to be true. I see Him all the time. Even when it is a joke at my expense....I know that there is a greater purpose for me being in Whittier and is an answer to my prayers!
Love you all!
Sister Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment