Monday, October 21, 2013

Attempts and ultimate fails.


Hey Everyone!

So This week has been an amazing week. Seriously it has just been hilarious. We were tracting and I went up to this guy with the purpose of life pass a long card and the guy was hesitant about taking the card and said to me " I know what the purpose of life is do you?" he was very almost mean about answering, I think he wanted to trick us or something.  Thankfully I knew the answer and he calmed down just a bit and then asked us if we were jehovas witnesses or mormons. It was interesting...then I offered a Christ picture to a man who should of had a shirt on...and he told me that that wasn't what Christ looked like...Christ was black and he adametly said this. Well, we left it at that. It was very interesting. We have had a few others tell us that the picture we have isn't what Christ looks like, I just want to know how they know that this isn't the way Christ looks. I am actually almost afraid to ask them though, I just don't know what I would do with the information they gave me. Well we were looking up former investigators this week and made a few return apts and we looked up less actives in the area for back ups. We then discovered that our back up for the former investigator was the same person. Her husband was actually a member. So we have decided that we are going to not give up on this family. That was a very cool experiance. Then it happened again well kinda. Last night we had a less active/active member apt at 8. We like those appointment times because we don't like to be out at 8 knocking or contacting. It gets dark at 630 and we find people to be much more friendly before 8 than after. So we went to this house of a less active we were trying to find at 7  and the other member, the one we had an apointment with came out all excited. She had told us that we could come earlier if we wanted. So we then had an apointment at 7 instead of 8. We both wanted to turn around and pretend that she didn't see us and we didn't see her and come back at 8. But she was so excited to see us that we couldn't do that. So we went out knocking for other less actives at 8. Needless to say no one let us in and only one person answered the door. Their face was hilarious though. They just looked at us like we were crazy. They confirmed that this less active had moved but I went to go into making this a great contacting moment but he just litterally looked at us like we were nuts! I said well we are missionaries and we share messages...he cut me off and then said "At 9 o'clock at night?" with a what??? look on his face and we just were like no we would just set return apts and we just stopped there and said goodbye. Hopefully he gets another opportunity to hear the gospel message. I know he will, it was such an interesting experiance...See how these experiances all were meant with such great love and zeal to do missionary work but just didn't work out??? Yeah don't worry though we have had great experiances. We met two new investigators and they are both looking for new churches and we asked them to live the word of wisdom and they agreed to it. We just have to follow up. But they are interested and it has gone really well!

So mon freres et ma souer et ma mere! Will you committ to finding one person that the missionaries can teach before the end of the year? Like Elder Ballard's talk suggests???? You can do it! Pray for it! The members are huge in the mission work!

Love you all! Know that I love serving a mission and trust me I am not put down at all about my fails...I have just learned how not to contact people and I thought you would enjoy some of the stories!

Sister Pendleton

P.S. Next week we are going to the L.A. temple on Monday, but we will get to write on Tuesday.  oh, please send me Michelle, Anthony, and Stuart's email addresses!  Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment