Tuesday, December 9, 2014

First week of Transfers...

Last week has been so crazy! I cannot even tell you how crazy  it has been. My companions are great but not really doing so well physically. My companion Sister Shipman has been having a really bad headache and shakiness for the past several weeks and so she is going to go home tomorrow. Then it will just be me and Sister Correa. I am sad that Sister Shipman is leaving. She is from Arkansas and is such a cute girl. We went to the Newport temple today. It was the best thing of my life! I love that temple. It is so beautiful. I took a lot of pictures. Also this past week there was a baptism in my other ward in Cerritos. A part member families children got baptized and I was a ble to go back and see my lovely members from that ward. I missed it so badly! I love the area so much!
Since my companion was sick the past week we weren't able to get out much so I don't know many members or investigators or the type of people that we are living around. I was really sad about that. But from the people taht I have met they are all really nice. I love them so far! So hopefully we will be able to be out and about more this week although since it is full of meetings and christmas devotional things it may be crazy.
I don't really have many stories other than what I have told you. Although I am totally seeing that persistance pays off. My first transfer in Cerritos we started working with the part member family the Castros and they wouldn't really let me in, but by the end I was in and we started to teach them. Then the next two were still gradually easing our way into their lives. Now look at where they are. 3 of the 4 children are baptized. They love the gospel and love having the missionaries around. God is hastening his work. We just have to be persistant. Also I saw sister Anderson and this part member family that I have been trying to get into their house the last 5 transfers are now letting them teach them this past week. And the investigator we had who thought he was a son of perdition now doesn't believe that and is hopefully going to be baptized in a week. I am so excited. God really is preparing hearts. I love it! I am grateful for my mission!
 
Love you all! here are some pictures of me and the family that was baptized and my comps at the newport temple.
 
Sister Pendleton


No comments:

Post a Comment